As a budding witch and herbalist, I have always been fascinated by the seemingly endless uses of plants in magic and medicine. One fruit that particularly caught my attention is the strawberry.
Not only are strawberries delicious and versatile in the kitchen, but they also have a long history of being used in herbal medicine and witchcraft. In this post, we will explore the many magical uses of strawberries and how you can incorporate them into your practice.
The Medicinal Properties of Strawberries
Before we dive into the magical uses of strawberries, let’s first take a look at their medicinal properties. Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, manganese, and fiber, making them a nutritious and beneficial addition to any diet.
Here are some of the medicinal benefits of strawberries:
- Boosting the immune system: Strawberries are high in vitamin C, which is known for its immune-boosting properties. Vitamin C helps to reduce the severity and duration of colds and infections by supporting the production of white blood cells.
- Improving heart health: Strawberries contain antioxidants and phytochemicals that have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. They can help to lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Promoting skin health: The antioxidants in strawberries can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, which can lead to premature aging. Strawberries are also rich in ellagic acid, which can help to reduce the appearance of sunspots and other skin blemishes.
- Supporting digestion: Strawberries are high in fiber, which can help to keep the digestive system running smoothly. They can also help to relieve constipation and other digestive issues.
Magical Uses of Strawberries
Now that we’ve covered the medicinal properties of strawberries let’s explore some of their magical uses.
Strawberries have long been associated with love and passion, making them popular in love spells and rituals. To attract love, add strawberries to a love potion or carry a strawberry with you as a charm. You can also place a strawberry under your pillow to encourage the dreams of your future lover.
As mentioned earlier, strawberries have immune-boosting and skin-healthy properties, making them a useful addition to any healing spells or rituals. You can make a strawberry infusion by steeping sliced strawberries in hot water and using the resulting tea in spells for physical and emotional healing.
Strawberries have also been used in divination practices. Try cutting a strawberry in half and using the seeds as a form of scrying. You can also try using a strawberry as a pendulum for yes/no questions.
In some traditions, strawberries are believed to offer protection against negativity and evil. Try carrying a strawberry with you or placing them around your home to create a protective shield.
Strawberries are often associated with abundance and prosperity, making them a useful tool in manifestation spells. Try incorporating strawberries into spells or rituals focused on attracting abundance, success, and prosperity.
Incorporating Strawberries into Your Practice
There are many ways to incorporate strawberries into your herbal medicine and witchcraft practice. Here are a few ideas:
- Make a strawberry infusion by steeping sliced strawberries in hot water to use in spells and rituals.
- Use strawberries in culinary magic by incorporating them into dishes for spells and rituals.
- Carry a strawberry with you as a charm for love, protection, or manifestation.
- Place strawberries around your home to create a protective shield or to attract abundance and prosperity.
- Add strawberries to spell bottles or altar arrangements for added magical energy and intent.
- Use strawberries in divination practices, such as scrying with seeds or using a strawberry as a pendulum.
As you can see, strawberries have a wealth of medicinal and magical properties that make them a valuable addition to any herbal medicine or witchcraft practice.
Whether you’re using them to boost your immune system, attract love, or protect against negativity, there are countless ways to incorporate strawberries into your work.
I hope this post has inspired you to experiment with the magical uses of strawberries in your own practice. Happy crafting!