I’m sure you’ve seen them before. They’re the evil eye talismans, made of various materials, that hang from people’s rearview mirrors, next to their doors, or even around their necks.
But why do they hang there and what do they represent? It is said that these amulets are meant to protect you from the Evil Eye which can bring bad luck according to many cultures.
So just what is this charm meant to ward off and how does it work?
Table of Contents
What is an evil eye?
An evil eye is a curse meant to cause harm, suffering, or some form of bad luck to the person on whom it is cast by a malevolent glare. It’s one of the strongest and most commonly known symbols in Greek and Turkish culture. The evil eye is also known as:
- ayin ha’ra (Hebrew)
- nazar (Turkish)
- mati (Greek)
- droch shuil (Scottish Gaelic)
How do you get rid of the evil eye?
What action should you take if you believe you’ve been cursed with the evil eye? Good news: there are several options available to you. First, have faith in yourself. The belief that your curse is real can become its own self-fulfilling prophecy, so be strong and don’t let an evil eye attack ruin your life.
Second, take a shower or bath in cold water—this will clear out bad vibes and cleanse the curse away. You can add salt to the water for added effectiveness. Alternatively, sprinkle salt on your body (being careful around sensitive areas) and then wash it away with cold water.
Third, go to church or mosque and pray for protection from evil spirits and negative energy. You may also want to visit a priest or rabbi for additional guidance (or maybe even exorcism).
Lastly, look for a healer! Depending on where you live this might be harder than others; in my experience healers tend to be found more commonly outside of big cities than inside them.
A healer may use several methods to draw the curse out of your body including palms over the afflicted area or shaking their head over yours while making a sound like “tsk tsk tsk” again & again until they feel satisfied that it’s gone altogether from within their patient’s system .
If all else fails, try using the power of your mind! Look at yourself in front of a mirror before going out each day. Say with conviction: “I am protected by my protective ward.”
How do you protect yourself against the evil eye?
There are a number of common talismans that people use to protect themselves from an evil eye, one of the most well-known being the hamsa.
Hamsas can be worn as jewelry or hung in homes to ward off bad energy.
They have also been thought to contain special powers that bring good luck and health to those who wear them.
Some people use nazar beads, which look like blue eyes, for protection against the evil eye. Red string bracelets are also thought to deflect negative energy.
It’s important to remember that no charm is a magic bullet against bad energy—you have to do your own work in protecting yourself from it through self-care and healthy habits!
How can you spot an evil eye attack?
So how do you figure out if you or a loved one is under the influence of an evil eye attack?
There are several simple things to look out for that might tell you something is amiss. If the following sounds like what’s happening to you, consider it a clue:
- Have you suddenly suffered a streak of bad luck? The most obvious way to spot an evil eye situation is through experiencing random, unexplained misfortune. A change in your health, finding yourself in financial hardship for no reason despite healthy finances before these difficult times, or even just constantly experiencing minor mishaps all at once could be signs that someone has placed an evil eye on you. These sudden negative changes can start small, but they may escalate into more serious problems if left unchecked.
- Do you feel uncomfortable around people? In some cases, this may mean feeling negative emotions like anger and resentment towards those around you for no real reason—you may not be able to help these feelings and they don’t seem justified by anything specific being said or done by other people. If it feels like everyone else is against you or talking behind your back when they’re not actually doing anything hostile toward you at all, then feeling this way could signify that there is dark energy influencing your thoughts and emotions. This can have long-term consequences on your relationships with others if not dealt with quickly and effectively—your important bonds may suffer irreparable damage if the negative energy affecting them isn’t banished as soon as possible!
How can you stop an evil eye attack?
A couple of things you can do to prevent evil eye attacks:
- Don’t let people envy you. This isn’t always possible, but it is one of the best ways to stop an envious person from casting a spell on you.
- Don’t let people envy your children. Children are more susceptible to the evil eye than adults because their aura is more open, so be careful when talking about your kids in front of others, especially if they are underperforming or sickly compared to other children.
- Don’t let people envy your house or car. We all want nice things, but don’t rub them in other peoples faces (especially those we don’t know that well).
10 Ways You Can Use An Evil Eye To Protect You
1. Keep them in your home or work place
2. Keep one in your car
3. Use one as an ornament
4. Wear them on a chain, dangler, etc…
5. Make one into a necklace or bracelet charm
6. Give them to friends and family as gifts
7. Attach one to your bag or wallet for protection when you go shopping or out for the night on the town
8. Place one in each room of your house and have
Don’t let others put a curse on you.
An evil eye is a curse cast by a malevolent glare, usually given to a person when they are unaware.
Many cultures believe that receiving the evil eye will cause misfortune or injury, while others believe it to be a kind of supernatural force that casts or reflects a malevolent gaze back-upon those who wish harm upon others (especially innocents).
You can wear an evil eye as protection against this curse and dispel its negative energy. It is also worn as an amulet to keep you from being cursed in the first place.
Wearing an evil eye can help protect your energies and deflect any negative vibes someone might be sending your way. You can even use these amulets as decoration—they’re beautiful!
How can I know if an evil eye amulet will work for me?
The best way to find out how to wear them is to try different ways that you think might work and figure it out yourself.
You might be surprised at what an eye shaped piece can do for your style. Just make sure that you’re not making fun of gypsy culture.