Magic is a hard thing to define and is subjective. But what I mean by magical home isn’t making your home disappear, but creating an environment of happiness, comfort, peace of mind, and a place you can escape to recharge. This isn’t limited to the home.
There are similar things you can do to create a more magical office environment.
Cleanse Your Home.
You’re not going to have a magical home unless it’s clean. Not in the sense of scrubbing every nook and cranny, but more in the sense of energetically cleansing your space.
It can be as simple as calling in the four directions: North, South, East, and West. Moving clockwise around your home, light some palo santo or sage and cleanse each corner.
You can also make a cleansing tea with any herbs you have on hand (I like peppermint and fennel) to wash your counters or window sills with it – energetic cleaning doesn’t have to just involve smoke!
If you are feeling particularly witchy, you can use a selenite wand to move about your room (or rooms) to sweep away any negative energy that may be lingering there.
At the end of it all step into the middle of the room and say a prayer for protection or whatever feels right for you at that moment.
This is a practice I do whenever we move into somewhere new or when I feel like things aren’t flowing well for us at home
Use Symbols that Resonate with You.
The first thing to consider when creating a magical home or office is to use symbols that resonate with you.
By definition, a symbol is something that stands for or represents something else by association, resemblance, convention, or tradition. It can be used as a material object representing something abstract and intangible.
These symbols will not only be aesthetically pleasing but will support the intentions you wish to set for your environment. For example, using statues of Ganesha around your home will assist in removing obstacles from your life and provide clarity.
A statue of Quan Yin would bring compassion, patience and unconditional love into your space. Using images of Hestia will bring purification and protection while representations of Bastet call in joy and sensuality. If you are feeling inspired by these ideas but have no idea where to start then I encourage you to look into creating a board on Pinterest so you can begin collecting images which inspire you before making any purchases!
Let the Sunlight In.
- Let the Sunlight In.
- Even if you can’t see the sun, try to let in as much natural light as possible.
- If you have a window that’s too dirty for sunlight to shine through, clean it!
- You’ll be happier with all the sunlight flowing into your home and making sure that everything is brighter and cleaner looking!
Decorate With Crystals.
- Think of crystals as subtle energy holders. Crystal energy is potent and effective, but can also be very gentle and harmonizing. They can help hold a space (think: your home) in a balanced way. You can place them around your home or office to keep the vibrations high, or in rooms where you feel the most irritated by heavy energies.
- Different crystals create different energies. Quartz is one of the most versatile stones for this purpose because it helps clear out negativity and enhance the power of any other stones you use with it when creating grids or adding to altars. Rose quartz is great for enhancing self-love, compassion and nurturing vibes. Amethyst works well for soothing anxiety, calmness, and intuitive growth. Black obsidian helps protect your space from psychic attacks while enhancing grounding energy during ritual work (and keeping you safe during samhain!). Selenite is another good one because it’s rechargeable on its own and doesn’t need cleansing unless it gets really dirty (for example, if someone steps on it).
- There are many ways to incorporate crystal energy into your sacred space! One simple way to use them is by putting them in bowls around your home or office; this will keep the energy light and positive all around you without being overly intense. Another option is using them in grids around specific areas that need more attention; for example if there’s constant conflict between roommates over kitchen usage, you could place quartz crystals at each corner of the table with a rose quartz heart in the center so everyone feels open to communication and calm enough to resolve their issues peacefully!
Create a Sacred Space.
You can create an altar or sacred space anywhere in your home. This is a space dedicated to things that feed your soul, inspiration you’ve found, and reminders of the magic in life.
It could be as simple as a small table with a candle (my first one!) or something much more elaborate.
Some ideas for altars are:
- A goddess altar – this is an altar specifically dedicated to the feminine divine. You could adorn it with symbols of the goddesses you feel closest to such as statues, images, flowers and herbs sacred to the goddesses, etc.
- Seasons – Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn; The four elements; Earth, Air, Fire & Water. Find ways to represent these elements on your altar and create rituals around them throughout the seasons/year!
You Are In Charge!
- It’s important to remember that you are the creator of your space and everything in it is an extension of your energy, so make sure you’re putting positive vibes out into the universe!
- Don’t underestimate the importance of keeping a clean home/environment. If there is clutter or things you don’t use often, it will add to the negative energy in your space. The same goes for old things that you no longer like or care about.
- Make sure that every room has its purpose and has a flow to it. You can create more positive energy by doing this. For example, if you are having a creative block, try moving around the furniture in your office or adding some plants or artwork!
5 Easy Tips For Making Your Home Feel Extra Spiritual
Creating a magical home or office is all about the little details. Here are five of our favorite tips for making your space feel truly special:
1. Don’t underestimate the power of a good scent. Scented candles and incense can make you feel immediately at home, even if you’re not.
2. Clutter isn’t just an eyesore—it can be an obstacle to productivity, too! Be sure to keep your surfaces clean and clear by keeping mass-produced knickknacks out of sight.
3. While we’re on the subject, focus on quality over quantity when it comes to decorating your space. Keep only the items that are truly meaningful to you, and let everything else go.
4. Bring life into your home with plants! Whether it’s a single succulent or a lush terrarium, you’ll love the vibrancy they add to your space (and they help clean the air in your home!).
5. Make sure you have comfortable seating! After all, what’s the point of having such a beautiful living space if you never get to relax in it?
The key to making your home or work environment magical is knowing that magic already exists. You don’t have to conjure it out of thin air; it’s all around you.
The best thing you can do is learn to recognize and appreciate that magic, and create an environment (both inside and outside a home) that will compliment its power.
In this way, you’re giving yourself the gift of a happy, healthy home—one that also happens to spark creativity!
With these 5 tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to creating a home filled with a sense of wonder and magic. We hope that you have fun designing it and creating it!